Monday, August 04, 2008

CKC and other ramblings

I went to CKC Valley Forge for the first time. I was excited nervous and overwhelmed all at the same time. My tour guide for this event, Stephanie was the best! She scoped out the place before I got there and we managed to get come great deals. As she mentions in this post
Heidi Swapp's company Advantus was having a serious close out! Here is what I scored for just $20 bucks.




I volunteered also and got a $30 credit for my service, with that I bought two books the Scrapbookers Almanac by Elizabeth Dillow and The Organized and Inspired Scrapbooker by Aby Garvey and Wendy Smedley.

I also purchased an 8x8 book of SEI's Jolie Chocolat and 5 12X12 sheets from the some collection. I also bought 3 chipboard mini albums from Gifted memories. The owner Shere has be in business for year now, check her out she has some nice premade pages too.

i stopped off at the Memory Lane PA, which is kind of a lss. I got one of the Making Memories 4X6 journaling books i didn't have and I also picked up Simple Scrapbooks mini albums in an evening mag.

All and all I had a great time. When Stepanie and I finally made up our minds about lunch Ruby's diner sure hit the spot.

I managed to score some deals at Sears in the King of Prussia Mall for My duaghter and sister Aisha.

Last week I was on vacation from work, attending our Youth Convention. Can you believe my three year old sang in the children's choir everyday and sung a solo. I was floored when I saw this and I had nothing to do with it.

I am home today nursing a sick child with a fever...and it's onto Chicago on Thursday for work. I am hoping to get to Windy City Scrapbooking or Archivers. The schedule for the conference I am attending seems a bit tight so I may not be able to get to them, but hopefully I can.

I need to fix Danielle something to eat so I will talk to you all later.

Cynta

5 comments:

TanishaRenee said...

looks like you scored big time at CKC- I hope to go next year!

Adrienne said...

Great stuff!!!! I wish I could go! LOL

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

how's danni doing??? text me.
i didn't even know about the sears deals. NICE!
s.

Still Patrice said...

you scrappers are always up to something! I look at all those little pieces and say oooh pretty. then walk away LOL

TanishaRenee said...

Come and check out my blog- you'll be very happy! LOL!