Monday, August 11, 2008

Warning: Pity Party Below

Okay so I left on last Thursday for the ELCA Communicators Conference. It was a great conference. I met some great people, hey Nikki. I was scheduled to leave Chicago yesterday afternoon. My flight was rescheduled 3 times and then eventually cancelled. I get a hotel room at the Hyatt Regency for 69.99, the airline rate. After eating dinner I eventually dose off, around 3:30am the fire alarm goes off....I get dressed and get down stairs via the steps which wasn't so bad going down. I get outside and it's a false alarm. I reenter the hotel and due to the long lines at the Elevator I walk the seven flights to my room, which were murder. I can't seem to fall back to sleep so I have been on the computer since I got back to my room.

I just noticed one of my diamonds is missing out of my ring, and my cellphone refuses to work. I haven't seen my daughter and husband since Thursday and my flight today does not leave until 8:00 pm which means I still won't get home until 11:30 pm. I am doing okay, but say a prayer for me cause I am trying not to be too upset about all of this, knowing that there must be some type of God moment in all of this...

Cynta

2 comments:

TanishaRenee said...

Oh, don't you just hate those moments when everything seems to go wrong? Have a safe trip back home!

Here's my email address: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

Shanita Waters said...

Hi! Remember: somehow someway this was all working together for your good. Know that the trying of your faith produces patience so count it all joy!

I heard your testimony in church so I'm glad to know that it all worked out and you made it home all in one piece (even if your ring didn't).